Information Systems is a key business enabler that advances technology tools, strategic development, collaboration and decision-making. Its purpose is to enable faster and smarter decision-making by helping to turn customer and consumer information into actionable insights.
Examples of Information Systems responsibilities are:
- Gather and understand business requirements
- Evaluate technologies and make recommendations or decisions
- Integrate systems in times of change such as during acquisitions
- Automate the approval process and information flow for business processes
- Engage external partners to modify or add applications and processes
- Introduce and manage systems to provide accurate, timely data for business decisions